top of page


Personal insurance products from Charles Obeid Insurance provide our customers with protection for their homes, automobiles and personal possessions, along with personal liability coverages.

How we serve you is as important as what we provide. First, we listen to you, then we discuss your needs and answer your questions.  Next, we look at both your short-term and long-term objectives and help put your insurance and planning needs in perspective.

Personal Auto Insurance

The need for personal auto insurance is two-fold: coverage for liability, and coverage for property. Liability insurance is required in most states, and will protect you financially if you are found responsible for injuring anyone in an auto accident.

The other part of your personal auto policy is comprehensive coverage, which will reimburse you for losses due to fire, theft, or other hazards, and collision, which will pay to repair your vehicle in the event of an accident. If you lease or finance your car, you’ll likely be required to carry both collision and comprehensive coverage.

Boat & Marine Insurance

If you own a small boat, yacht, high performance powerboat, live-aboard houseboat, catamaran, or pontoon, you need boat or marine insurance. This type of policy will cover all intended use, which includes personal recreation, commercial, or charter vessels.

You’ll depend on your boat insurance policy in the event that your boat, motor, trailer, or personal property within the boat is damaged. Boat and marine insurance coverage options include liability, medical payments, injury to a water skier and damage to the boat itself (hull coverage).

Condo / CoOp Insurance

People who live in condos or coops need personal insurance to meet the point at which the condo association’s insurance policy ends. Generally, association policies only include the building itself and common areas, leaving the entire interior of each unit up to the resident to insure.

Property, structural, and liability coverage are all necessary for condo and coop owners. They ensure that your floors, walls, cabinets, fixtures, and property are adequately covered, as well as provide necessary financial protection in the event that injuries are sustained within your unit.

Flood Insurance

Did you know that your homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage? It’s a shocking realization that many come to find a little too late. The last thing you want to hear after you fall victim to a flood is that nothing that you own is covered by your insurance. That’s why you need to secure a separate flood insurance policy to protect your property, as well as reimburse you for the work that needs to be done in your home pertaining to the flood.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) maps are an invaluable resource for homeowners who live anywhere near water, because if they show that your home sits in a 100-year flood plain, you’ll require federal flood insurance in order to obtain a mortgage. If you live outside a high-risk zone, or if you no longer finance your home, flood insurance is optional, but going without it is a tremendous risk that must be considered.

Homeowner’s Insurance

No matter where you live, it’s likely that you’d benefit from a homeowner’s insurance policy. Whether you’re in a house or an apartment, renter or owner, a well-written homeowner’s insurance policy will cover the cost of replacing any of your personal property that’s destroyed in a fire or other disaster. Additionally, it’ll also come to your defense against a lawsuit from someone who is injured in your home.

Renter’s Insurance

The last thing a renter wants to hear after a tragedy is that they’ve not only lost their home, but everything that was inside it, too. Renter’s insurance is vital for anyone living in a rental property, and is often foolishly overlooked and considered unessential.

Our renter’s insurance is hard to beat for convenience and value, and assures you the peace of mind that you need for your valuable property. Additionally, it’ll protect you in case someone is injured in your home, or their property is damaged.

  • Injury to another person

  • Damage to another person’s property


Whether the incident occurred within your rented residence, or elsewhere.

bottom of page